This training introduces the principles of child safeguarding and the ways in which you can keep children safe when they interact with UNICEF personnel, partners, programmes, and operations.
The training contains six modules, each of which will take approximately 10–15 minutes to complete. The modules contain a mixture of scenario-based practice and personal reflection activities. Each module also has at least one downloadable/printable job aid/handout that will support your efforts to keep children safe. At the end of the training, you will have developed a personalized learning and child safeguarding plan that you can use to reinforce your understanding and day-to-day practice of child safeguarding.
- Module 1: What is child safeguarding?
- Module 2: Who is responsible for keeping children safe?
- Module 3: How can I identify and mitigate risks for children?
- Module 4: What do I do if I suspect or know of a child safeguarding concern?
- Module 5: How do I overcome barriers to keeping children safe?
- Module 6: How can I better fulfill my child safeguarding obligation?
This training should take about 90 minutes to complete. You may need longer if you decide to spend more time on the personal reflection activities.